Friday, July 22, 2011

My first ever Company outing Experience at Splash Island.

by: Rachelle Aquino

Executive Assistant


Last July 9, (Saturday) Sinag had a company outing at Splash island, even though it wasnt my first time at splash island I feel so excited before that day had come. I prepared my things the night before our outing. I was excited because of course it was my first time to join a company outing and to have bonding moments with my co-workers.

When Im on my way to Sinag, the rain came and I thought its not a perfect day to go swimming. Then I realized that the weather that day seems perfect, its not really sunny, so nobody worries about having sunburn after swimming and everybody can enjoy the day (optimistic to te. Haha). At the moment we entered Splash Island, we immediately look for a perfect spot where we can place our things. Rest a little bit, and then we got changed and ready to explore Splash. We were separated into groups. I was with Ate Shara (My partner in crime in office) and Carlyn (Antons tutor and Ate Sharas cousin). And because Im already familiar to the place, slightly, I became their tour guide. First stop, Balsa River! Its too early for us to try the slides and the slides are not yet open so we just relax and take pictures while we were at Balsa River. Since I brought my underwater camera, we tried to take good shots under water. It was fun and we laughed out loud (I can still imagined it haha), because while were under trying to take pictures, we were carried by the flow of water thats why we have to try it again and again. Even though were drowning we still try to take pictures under water (we were just picture adik kasi). Finally! We captured some nice shots under water and we already took 2 rounds on Balsa River. At last, the slides are open. Next stop, the slides!

We tried almost all the slides except the Magellans Drop, where you will slide in an upside down position, I want to try that it just happened that I forgot to bring my fighting spirit haha and the Dos Supremos - it is a closed slide where you have to take off your shirt for you to able to slide, the only reason was I dont want to take off my shirt shy ako e! ang dami tao. The most exciting, enjoying and relaxing slides were the Tausug Trails (where you can slide with a friend) and Rio Montanosa (the longest slide where you can slide by group), we even tried that, I think 4 times or more.

Everyone enjoyed the outing including their family and friends. And of course, hindi nawawala ang never ending taking pictures in every signage of Splash Island (madami to! Including photo booth sa Splash, in the front gate of Splash and Signage near the parking area, o see were so picture adik lang talaga).

When I finally got home, brought my wet clothes at the laundry area, ayun! Taob ako sa higaan. And when I woke up my arms are aching. I was wrong! Ang inaakala kong relaxing Balsa River where we go after taking a slide was the reason for my aching arms for two days.

But yet, this outing is still one of my favorite events that had happened to me with my Sinag family. ^^,

No comments: